Yes, I Want to Start a Blog
Blogging is better than wasting your time and a bogus job.
To start a blog, you don’t need to be a developer. You can start to build a website or blog with me. Blogging platforms made it easier.
My personal recommendations to you, If you are searching for a Job and looking for the startup a new business, Change the thinking (job to business), make a decision, plan your site and get started.
Collect the things to creating and start a blog, such as a domain, hosting, a WordPress theme for designing and essential plugins.
We are covering all the topics step by step in this guide “How to start a blog or website with WordPress”. Read the guide carefully.
The Things You Learn Here:
In this blog post, you learn the mentioned things, please note…
- How to choose a name for your blog or website? – buy a domain
- How to select a plan for your blog? – get a best hosting plan
- How to choose the best blogging platform for your blog?
- Does WordPress is best for blogging?
- Install a free & premium theme and healthy plugins
- Learn, Teach and Earn
- Bonus Tip
11 Things “Why Do People Blogging?”
- Explore yourself and share the knowledge with the world.
- Help Others.
- Became a writer and Improve the writing skills.
- To make money online.
- Build a professional network online.
- Became an authority in your industry.
- Became an online portfolio.
- Improve the SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Collect E-mails
- Sell a product.
- Be a professional businessman.
Do you remember a great quote from Robert Kiyosaki :Robert Kiyosaki - “The richest people in the world look for and build networks, everyone else looks for work.” Click To Tweet
1. Make A Decision:
First, make a good decision about your blog and be positive always.
If you want to start blogging, make a decision and plan your website.
For example, if you’re interested in cooking, can start a blog on cooking or recipes.
Here are some popular categories, that can help you to choose a blog category to start a blog.
- Social Media
- How To
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
If you are not happy with that, you can see more popular categories, used widely to start a blog.
2. Choosing the Best Blogging Platform to Start A Blog
What is Blogging Platform?
Blogging platform means, which service you use to publish your content online.
A blogging platform is a software or service, which is used to publish your blog posts on the Internet. The blogging software is known as Content Management System (CMS).
If you want to build a scalable & secure, fast, rich & easy-to-read website or a blog, then you need to choose the right platform to go your content online.
Top Free Blogging Platforms:
- WordPress.com (online)
- WordPress.org (self-hosted)
Free Blogging Platforms Services – Right or Wrong:
If you are going to set up a blog on free blogging platforms, please stop. If you are seriously in blogging, don’t create a blog on a free blog service provider.
My recommendations to you, use only self-hosted content management system (CMS), such WordPress.org. You could customize the WordPress according to your choice and marketing strategy.
Free blogging platforms can delete your blog anytime. They stop you to make money online.
I recommend every new blogger to use wordpress.org to start a blog or website.
3. WORDPRESS – Very Easy Setup to Start A Blog
WordPress functions are easy to understandable and working.
It is suitable for every blogger, freelancers, writers, creative artists or for more.
Why I Am Talking About WordPress?
1. Without blogging platform, you can’t start a blog, so you need a blogging software. WordPress is absolutely free of cost, for you.
2. The total market of WordPress was 60% until 2018. Joomla users 6.5%, Drupal 4.6%, and Squarespace 1.5%.
I am using the WordPress software for may all blogs.
Which cms is the best fit for you?
WordPress is free of cost cms software. WordPress installation process is very easy.
Bluehost, Godaddy offer one-click WordPress installation feature. You can install directly the software from your hosting C-panel.
WordPress Users Around The Web:
By the year 2004, HTML, and flash were used to create a website. It was not easy to work on these.
Nowadays, a person with a minor computer and internet information can start his own blog.
What is WordPress: WordPress is the most used blogging platform worldwide. The 60% marketplace in the blogging industry is close to WordPress for the reason that it so easy, flexible, customizable, editable etc.
4. Picking A Domain Name: How to Register A Domain Name?
What are domain and an extension code?
A domain name is a web address of your blog and an extension is the end of your blog address. These domain names define the purpose of blogging.
Select a name that can be pronounced easily. Easy domain names help customers to find your blog easily on the search engines. It is more comfortable for your audience if your blog domain similar to your business.
Around one billion websites available on the internet. Here are some things for you to choose a domain to start a blog or website.
Check the Availability Of Your Domain
Tips: How To Choose The Best Domain Name For Your First Blog?
Why Dot Com Is Best:
- Website Credibility: Dotcom domains gets highest recalls in all the domains.
- Default Extention: Dotcom is a defaulting extension. If you type a domain name in the browser, searches will show you the same name with dot com domain.
- Used Mostly: If a person forgot your blog extension, still they will use dot com, surely.
- Resale value: If you sell your blog or website in future, you may get the best price of it.
Use the name of your blog category in the domain name. Select the best-matched domain name.
Focus keyword in blog domain name and a blog category increasing the ranking in search engine.
Use Short Domain Name:
A short name of a domain is the good thing example: Microsoft, Google, Alexa, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Quora etc. These are easy to find.
Easy to Write, Pronounce & Remember:
Choosing a domain that will be easy to write, pronounce and remember for everybody. Choose a domain wisely.
Use of Hyphens, Number & Double Letter:
Ignore hyphens, numbers, and double letters when registering your blog domain.
These are unappropriated with Google SEO. Hyphens, number & double letters confusing the visitors and hard to explain.
Make it Unique:
Unique means, understandable and crunchy. Don’t copy other brands and slogans. Create your own brand and slogan.
5. Web hosting: What Is a Webhosting Service?
Web hosting is the online server that shows your blog content online. Web Hosting is a service that provides space for websites on the Internet.
The computer on which the website is hosted, or stored, is called the server. You can buy your blog for one month to ten years or more.
The computer on which the website is hosted, or stored, is called the server.
Web hosting Server:
If you want to start a blog on your creative ideas, you need a hosting service. Without a hosting plan, your blog can’t go online.
Nowadays, there are several companies offers hosting services. Newbie blogger always confused about which hosting plan is best for me?
Here is suggest you create a blog with Bluehost. Bluehost web hosting services are cheaper that can afford anyone.
STEP 1: BLUEHOST: The Best Web Hosting – Web Hosting Services
Why Use Bluehost?
- Unmetered Website Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Free SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
- Best Performance
- A free Dot Com Domain
- Free Email Account
- Marketing Offers cost of $200, you will get it free
STEP 2: Select A Plan For Your Blog
Now select a plan for your blog. Bluehost offers very cheap plans to start a new blog.
Bluehost is the right place to start or create a blog online. The cost around $2.65 monthly. You can start your blog in just 200 rupees.
I think this can be a good business opportunity for startups. There is nothing to lose, it is the ocean to get.
I suggest you choose a plan from Plus and Choice Plus (Prime Plan). It is better than Bluehost Plus plan.
The Choice Plus plan comes with security and site back up features. That’s are amazing features by Bluehost to start a blog or website. Security and backup needed every website.
If you want to go long in blogging, select Choice Plus/Prime Plan and enjoy the features.
STEP 3: Help Me Get My Free Domain From Bluehost:
After selecting the hosting plan, Bluehost will ask for the Sign Up process.
In this section, enter your blog domain name. If you purchased already a domain name, write in “I have a domain” section.
If you want a new domain, write the name of the domain in the “new domain” section.
A. The Domain Is Not Available For Registration:-
New domain searcher always faces some problems. The common thing is that “your domain is not available” or “already purchased”.
If your desired domain name is not available at that, can choose later. You will get a pop-up notification like that.
B. I Select A Domain – What Should I Do Next?
If you have selected a domain name for your blog, write the domain name in “I have a domain name” section & hit on next step.
After clicking on the next step, you will be redirected to a new page, where you must provide your account details.
STEP 4: Enter Account Information
In this page, you need to create an account with proper information. Make sure that you have a proper e-mail address.
You will get purchased receipt and other mandatory things on your email id.
1. Enter Account Information Details:
2. Package Information:
3. Extra Packages:
Next, you will be seen the package extras section. In this section, you can check or uncheck the things that you won’t buy.
Bluehost Choice Plus plan from offers these features free to use.
STEP 4: Enter Billing Information:
After selecting the hosting plan for your blog, you need to pay the amount. Here you can pay the hosting fee through credit card. If you are not comfortable with the use of credit card, can pay via PayPal.
In payment information, you will see a line – “Pay by credit card, or see More payment options”. Now click to “More Payment Option”.
Select the method which you want to use and tick on agree to terms and conditions & press Submit button.
After completion of the fee payment process, Bluehost will ask about a new password. You need to create a password to login Bluehost hosting page and C-panel.
Login Page Looks Like This.
STEP 5: How To Install WordPress From Cpanel?
- Login to your hosting account to install WordPress. WordPress can be installed via Bluehost Marketplace with the One-click installation process.
- Find the Website section and click to select Install WordPress.
- Click to Install button.
- In the next step, write the domain name of your blog.
- In the directory option, do it blank. You will be seen a Directory option with default subfolder “Blog”. If you want to use this as a primary page, leave it.
- Next level is Email Address. Here you can edit/change your email address.
- Read the license and services agreements and tick mark on “I have read the terms & conditions of the…” and press Install button.
- If wp installation completed, you will see two type of URLs like this.
- Bloggingstairs.com (Blog URL)
- Bloggingstairs.com/wp-admin (WordPress Dashboard)
STEP 6. Log in to WordPress Dashboard:
Visiting the WordPress admin panel, use your WordPress username and password info.
After entering the WordPress panel, you will see a dashboard, that looks like this.
WordPress Dashboard – Admin Panel First Look:
Furthermore, understand all the functions of WordPress. Change the basic settings of the wp dashboard. You could start building your blog or website from here.
- Dashboard (Main screen of your WordPress Admin Panel)
- Posts (In this section, you can post articles, categories, tags and can see all posts)
- Media (Here you can add Images, create the gallery for your posts )
- Pages (Crate pages for your blog like Home, About Us, Privacy/Disclaimer/Advertisement Policy, Contact Page etc.)
- Comments (This section showing you all the comments that have been made on your posts. You can edit, remove and approve a comment from here)
- Appearance (This section helps you to install a theme to start a blog or website. More in this, customizing the blog theme, create a menu, add widgets, change the background of theme, can edit CSS or edit all files)
- Plugins (This section allow you to install plugins. Here are a lot of free plugins that you can use for your blog)
- Users (You can add or delete a user from here. Also, you can change users profile Subscriber
Contributor, Author, Editor, Administrator)
- Tools (Tools helps you to import or export your website or blog data)
- WordPress Settings (You could change the basic settings of your blog such as General setting, Writing, Reading, Discussion, Permalink structure and sharing options)
New WordPress Blog – First Look:
STEP 7. Delete All Default Post, Page Or Plugins: Change Basic Setting of WP
The first step on WordPress is, delete all the defaults of post, page or plugins.
After deleting the pre-installed plugins, WordPress dashboard looking awesome.
Follow the steps to delete all default plugins, page or posts from the dashboard.
Delete all defaults plugins
A. Click on Plugins Tab > Installed Plugins
B. This is a plugins dashboard. Here you can see all Inactive, Recently Active & All Plugins. You could add a new plugin from this page.
C. To delete a plugin: Select all plugins.
D. Click on Bulk Actions and select Deactivate or press Apply.
E. Next thing is same, select all plugins again > bulk actions > select Delete and Apply.
F. Now, the plugin dashboard is empty. What is the next step?
Delete all defaults posts
How to Delete Permanently A Post From WordPress Blog?
That’s a very easy process to delete a post from your website or blog. Follow these steps:
1. Click on Post tab > All Posts
2. Select all posts > Trash
3. Go to Trash (1) section
4. All trash posts stored here. A deleted post can be restored from here.
5. Now select the trashed post and press “Delete Permanently”.
6. Your dashboard is clean, now.
7. Find the next step.
Delete all defaults pages:
Follow these things to permanently delete a page from your website or blog:
1. Click on Page tab > All Pages
2. This is a sample page and not it important. Simply press the Trash button.
3. Go to Trash (1) section and press Empty Trash.
4. Your dashboard is completely clean now.
Change Permalink Structure
Permalink is helping us to find out a specific post on a blog. Change the permalink structure according to SEO.
Follow the Steps to Change Structure of Permalink:
Go to Settings> Permalinks > Tick on Post Name and save it.
Now fewer things you are all to do:
Complete Your Profile: Go to Users panel > Visual Editor (don’t tick), Admin Color Scheme (you can change), Name ( Fill Uncompleted details), Choose a Profile picture (you can change your profile picture on Gravatar), Account management ( Generate New password ) and update profile.
8. Install A Theme For Your WordPress Blog
It’s time to install a theme for the blog. Many free WordPress themes are available on WordPress, we can use it for blogs.
If these WP themes are not appropriate according to our blog category and design, we can purchase or use premium themes. Be intelligent when you interested to buy a premium theme.
WordPress premium themes are best for the reason that premium themes allow you to update your blog theme, fully customizable, customer support etc.
Free WP theme including external links of WordPress and free WP theme providers. When your blog theme has a new version, they stop you to update your blog free theme.
Follow Easy Instructions To Install A WordPress Free Theme:
- Login to the wp-admin panel
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add new
- Click on Install
- Now there will be two options – 1. Live Preview, 2. Activate
- Click on Live Preview link.
- By clicking on that link, you can see how your blog looks online.
- If this ok, click on Activate.
- After completion of the theme activation process, design your blog or website.
I Have a WordPress Theme in the Zip File, How Do I Use It?
If you have a WordPress theme in a .zip file, you can upload this on your new WordPress dashboard.
That’s a very easy process. If you are doing this first time, can hesitate. This is very easy, let’s do that.
Follow 5 easy steps to upload a WordPress theme on WordPress dashboard.
- Log in to your website.com/wp-admin.
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload.
- Choose a file to upload and click Install.
- After installation, you will see the same things like Live Preview, Activation, and Customizing links.
- Activate the blog theme and design a look to start your blog and website.
If you have a hobby that you want to tell the world, can start a blog. You can make money online by sharing your thoughts.
Blogging is not a scheme, where you get joining or start earning from the next day. No, blogging is not a plan, blogging is part of an online business. If you have knowledge about a particular topic, you can share your things by creating your blog.
You don’t have to be a website developer to start a blog or website. Suggest to you, learn the basics of Blogging & WordPress. I will also share the things, that will helps you to grow your business.
If you like this post, do not forget to like, comment and share with your friends who want to start the blog.